Ever find yourself looking at the girl who pulled a beautiful red lip off with ease and wish you were bold enough to do the same? The bold red lip can be daunting for so many of us out there, especially if you have full lips like I do.
Often, it’s finding the shade of red that is just right for your skin tone and your style. There are so many to choose from, it can be overwhelming. Finding one that you are comfortable enough to wear in the day, as well as at night can be a bit of a challenge. After going through numerous brands, testing and eyeing hundreds of reds, we’ve summarized our top 5 reds for Fall / Winter 2013.
1) Revlon. Super Lustrus Collection. Black Cherry $5.99. I was looking for a very dark cherry lipstick and this fit the bill. The colour is very creamy and comes out extremely dark. It’s very hydrating, inexpensive and easy to wear for fall.
2) Maybelline. Red Revival $7.99. A true red lipstick. Inexpensive with a rich bright red.
3) Dolce & Gabbana. Devil Red. $32. A classic matte red lipstick that is very moist. Has a nice rose-floral scent. Long lasting.
4) Chanel. Rouge Allure. $34. Another classic red that you can wear on any occasion. Not quite as matte as Dolce & Gabbana’s Devil Red, which gives it a slightly glossy multi-dimensional appearance, but very subtle..
5) Christian Dior. Rose Harpers. $34. This is more of a fushia, but it’s so rich, we couldn’t resist. We know not everyone loves to wear red, so this is a suitable red-substitute. It’s a moist lipstick with some shine and gloss.
CREATE THE PERFECT RED LIP
Exfoliate your lips. Creating a flawless, full lip is great when you remove any dead skin.
Apply the lipstick.
Place paper or tissue between the slips to remove and excess lipstick that might rub onto your teeth.
If you like a shimmery finish, dust a light powder on top of your lips to create a long-lasting finish.